Acer B226HQL

Savagesauce
Savagesauce Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Looking for a place I can purchase a replacement LCD panel for my B226HQL monitor

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Thanks. The LCD panel is this one but I don't really know where you could buy it. May be here. FYI, a LCD panel costs almost as expensive as a new monitor.

France

Answers

• laurent_14

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • Savagesauce

mmlxpaa002

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Thanks. The LCD panel is this one but I don't really know where you could buy it. May be here. FYI, a LCD panel costs almost as expensive as a new monitor.

France
  • Savagesauce

Thanks so much. Not really concered with the price as I just wanted to do it to keep my PC repair skills in check. So doing it for myself just to prove I can do it.

• Savagesauce

Also do you know of a video somewhere on how to take the bezel apart? I'm guessing you just pry it open?

• laurent_14

Once the stand removed , you have to:

Spoiler
    • Remove the rear cover. Use a tool (like picture using) to open all latches. (Be careful the position of the keyboard.)
      Image_1.png
    France
  • Savagesauce

Hey I finally pulled the monitor apart and here is the LCD panel serial number. AU21529ACCTCFSA24172B10

If you can find a place that stocks it I would be apprecative. Thanks

The panel model number is T215HVN01

• Savagesauce

Wondering if the serial number is as important as the model number? If it's the same model number but a different serial number would it still work?

• laurent_14

Hello,

You have to find this LCD panel:

Spoiler
    Brand
    Part Number
    AUOT215HVN01.0

The serial number is not important. Sorry but I didn't find any resellers so I have no suggestions.

France
  • Vellu
    Vellu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

our company bought a couple of these displays. We wanted to switch to HDMI cables but when we connect the computer with the display, the picture is tinted green. We are using Macs with adapters but it isn't about them because other displays work fine with them. 

Here are some pictures: 

And this is how it should be:

Is there anything that we can do? Is using HDMI with this monitor a lost cause?