International Warranty

Options
Murali333
Murali333 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hi,

I am planning to Buy predator Helios 300 in US to gift it to my cousing who lives in India. I want to know does internation license apply for this product if not what else i can do if i need a service fo rthis laptop in India

Best Answer

• Murali333

Tinkerer

edited August 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I WOULD SUGGEST DONT EVER BUY ACER LAPTOPS. YOU HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ACER. think about everything before buying a laptop. A laptop packed with loads of high end features doesn't mean that it's the one. I have bought a laptop from acer. The cost of the laptop is 85 k INR. The mother board had issues they asked me 60 k for repairing it and the worst part is the price of the laptop is 70 k now. Their WORST AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER WILL  LOOT your MONEY. 

I am giving a fair opinion. Go for dell or hp which has a excellent hardware and customer support. If you are ok with high budget go for mac also. Don't go for these acer laptops.

This is not just my opinion, google and compare hp dell and these guys . Compare hardware quality, customer support and other specs. Don't fall for eye-catching plastics.

No long term value
    Bad customer support
    Bad hardware .

This is me who asked this question in 2017 and now I am blammimg myself for choosing acer..............

THIS IS A FAIR REVIEW FROM A LONG TERM USER.......

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

international warranty or traveler warranty is available only if no-resident on the country where the device has the issue:

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/itw.htm

so buying in the US and trying to repair under warranty in India being an india resident, is not available.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Murali333

Tinkerer

Options

This Laptop is not available in India and i love this laptop. Is there any other possibilities. I need to know whether only this laptop or all the acer laptops has no international warranty. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

it's Acer policy, so all Acer's device has this type of warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • 010HIMANSHU010
    010HIMANSHU010 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am a medical student studying in Kazakhstan and i bought  my Acer aspire 515-53G from their now as in the covid situation i am in india india till January and covering around the right lower cornor has been bumped out will the ITW work 
  • Murali333

Tinkerer

edited August 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    I WOULD SUGGEST DONT EVER BUY ACER LAPTOPS. YOU HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN ACER. think about everything before buying a laptop. A laptop packed with loads of high end features doesn't mean that it's the one. I have bought a laptop from acer. The cost of the laptop is 85 k INR. The mother board had issues they asked me 60 k for repairing it and the worst part is the price of the laptop is 70 k now. Their WORST AUTHORISED SERVICE CENTER WILL  LOOT your MONEY. 

I am giving a fair opinion. Go for dell or hp which has a excellent hardware and customer support. If you are ok with high budget go for mac also. Don't go for these acer laptops.

This is not just my opinion, google and compare hp dell and these guys . Compare hardware quality, customer support and other specs. Don't fall for eye-catching plastics.

No long term value
    Bad customer support
    Bad hardware .

This is me who asked this question in 2017 and now I am blammimg myself for choosing acer..............

THIS IS A FAIR REVIEW FROM A LONG TERM USER.......