Helios 300 CSGO issues

Options
Norcal232001
Norcal232001 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I am having an issue where i cannot run CSGO in fullscreen. I get a BSOD of VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I can play the game in either window or window fullscreen (aka Borderless Window). but in full screen i get a the BSOD as described above. I have played other games with no issues in full screen ex: Battlefield 1, PUBG, Ark Survival evolved with no issues or crashing.

I have tried reinstalling a clean version of windows 10 pro. Installed the drivers from acers site and am on bios version 1.08. I am plugged in with the stock charger, running in high performance power option. I have tried in Nividia control panel to set application graphics settings for csgo to run off of the 1060 but still having the issue. I know that i can just run in window fullscreen, but i prefer to play in fullscreen.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Best Answer

• Norcal232001
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I wanted to update my info. I ran into issues again. That I thought were fixed. It was the intel graphics driver that was cause of the issue. I went to intels website and dl and installed the driver from there. This one is version 15.46.05.4771 for the intel hd 630 integrated graphics. The one on acers web sit is older and was causing the issues. Here is where you can find the newest intel drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

last chance will be the stock nvidia drives, uninstall the Acer's one and install the latest from nvidia website:

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Norcal232001
    Options
    I have tried both downloading and installing nividia drivers from acre and from nividia site. Both still result in a bsod. I am starting to think someone in the game is causing it since I am have zero issues with other games.
  • TDK1044
    TDK1044 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

This game has a history of crashing when played at full screen going back over a year. This is not an issue with your Helios 300. 

• Norcal232001
    Options
    I didn't know this was an issue. Never had the problem on my desktop before this laptop. I will check on Reddit if there are any solutions that might work.
  • Sweetlou
    Sweetlou Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey Norcal,

Did you ever find a solution?  I have the same exact problem with CSGO on fullscreen with the Helios 300.  Every other game I have works just fine though... So I definitely think it is a driver issue, but everything I have tried does not work.  I end up just playing on fullscreen windowed mode.

When I first received the Helios 300 and upgraded to bios 1.05, it worked fine for a time.  Then I started installing other games and updating graphics drivers and such and CSGO started stuttering when I opened it up to play one day.  I tried resetting Windows and different graphics driver combos, but no luck.

• Norcal232001
    Options

Hey sorry it took me so long. Life has been busy. I am no longer expriencing the issue. I am on the most current nividia driver 385.28. I also followed this youtube video to fix the 60 fps cap I was having. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEOsUpsawQ

Let me know if this helps you.

• Norcal232001
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I wanted to update my info. I ran into issues again. That I thought were fixed. It was the intel graphics driver that was cause of the issue. I went to intels website and dl and installed the driver from there. This one is version 15.46.05.4771 for the intel hd 630 integrated graphics. The one on acers web sit is older and was causing the issues. Here is where you can find the newest intel drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/98909/Intel-HD-Graphics-630
  • aks895
    aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

I am also facing issuses in csgo, csgo runs only on intel hd graphics and does not use gtx 1060, fps is only around 40-50 on avg and gpu useage at 9-11%.

I tried installing intel driver from intel's website but i am getting driver not validated for your device, and setup closes there.

how can i install the drivers?