next@acer 2020

Acer aspire e 17 e5-722g-83dd wifi adapter missing

batkinson001batkinson001 Member Posts: 3
I have had my acer aspire e17 e5-722g-83dd for a year and a half and am past the manufacturer's warranty but am still in my best buy extended warranty.

4 days ago I reset my laptop back to factory as it was running slow. The wireless worked fine as usual until this morning when I turned it on and there was no wireless adapter...

I installed the wifi adapter drivers I had in a folder on my external drive on the laptop and it didn't fix the problem, device manager doesn't even detect any unknown devices.

I reset the laptop again back to factory and it still doesn't work.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

Would this issue even be covered under the bestbuy extended warranty?

FAQ & Answers

• doughjohndoughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit

Hi

Apologies but this is stating the obvious and I am sure you have tried...

BIOS or Function key to/from Airplane mode?

The part about it being slow, is that WiFi or the whole machine crawling along?

CCleaner is good to speed up a slow machine by removing lots of dross, and Defraggler left running overnight can also help.

• batkinson001batkinson001 Member Posts: 3
    Airplane mode will not turn on.

Another reason why I reset tueacjone was inhad turned a bunch of windows services off months ago and wanted to go back to default but couldn't find a easy solution to re-enable them except by doing it one at a time...

Other than the wifi amd Bluetooth and airplane mode not working, everything is good. As for bios. I do not know how to get in. And I would prefer to not mess around with that if possible.
  • 2iddik2iddik Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2018
    Im sure you might have found a solution this issue is a menace and I just was having it with a friend. 

Solution FLASH the Bios to the NEWEST Version available on Acer for this laptop. Will be in the +BIOS/Firmware section.
    That finally worked for us, and I am a PC technician and we tried everything else until I decided it was not a driver issue after windows reads the wifi card as soon as we do a fresh install.

Make sure you remember the UEFI and all other bios settings will be put back to default when you do a Bios Firmware Flash so if your not using UEFI like us then you will have to reset it once you flash the bios, and also you will have to re-enable boot from USB if your using the F12 to boot from anything also! Hope this helps