Aspire V3-771G-9809: Battery plugged in, not charging

Options
SgtCl3gg
SgtCl3gg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello all!

A while back, I was working on my laptop while it was not plugged in and it shut off on its own.  After that it would not turn on unless it was plugged in.  The battery was displaying "plugged in, not charging."  I tried replacing the battery, but it only partially fixed the problem.  With the new battery, my computer will turn on without being plugged in, but the battery still won't charge.  I have also tried using a different power cord and uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver.

Any help towards getting my laptop charging again would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Shut all power down to the laptop. Remove battery & charger. Press & hold power button for about a minute. Plug the charger back in only --- no battery. Try to boot the machine normally using the charger only. Shut down windows normally. Unplug charger. Re-insert battery. Re-insert charger. Try to boot normally. Report back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• SgtCl3gg
    SgtCl3gg Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Unfortunately there was no change.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Did it boot OK on the charger only? If yes, go back into Device Manager and uninstall both the charger and the charging method. Exit but don't re-start. Shut down Windows normally. Re-install the battery.  Then push the power button, let Windows do its thing, and hope for the best. 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ