XR382CQK bmijqphuzx - 60hz supported w/MacBook Pro via USB-C?

mosan1
mosan1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Just purchased XR382CQK and looking to use with my 2017 Macbook Pro.  Using the included USB-C cable, I can successfully drive the monitor at 30Hz, but OSX doesn't let me select faster refresh (e.g. 60Hz).   When I connect via USB-C->DP converter and hook up to monitor's DP input, I can drive a faster refresh.

Is XR382CQK and 2017 Macbook Pro combo only supported at 30Hz via USB-C?

Answers

• KEVEUC22
    KEVEUC22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Don't know if you've resolved this but here are my results. I was trying to get my Macbook Pro May 2020 to display at native resolution on my external monitor Acer XR382CQK (3840x1600 @ 75 Hz.) via USB C-USB C cable. It was not initially working and was staying consistent at native resolution but locked at 30 Hz. The work around that the manual of my monitor indicated that in order to get full monitor resolution of the DP ALT port, you need to turn off USB 3.0 capabilities of the integrated USB 3.0 hub of the monitor so it can only work at 2.0 speeds. What this does, I assume, is that allocates that data bandwidth to the video instead of the data. When doing so, I had to switch the option to off and then press down on the joystick so it could enable it. Once that happened, I went back to my display settings to see the refresh rate and at that point it was no longer grayed out.