No Low Battery Warning Acer Aspire V3-575T

JeffreyLevine
JeffreyLevine Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

I purchased two identical computers at the same time.  both of them Acer Aspire V3-575T

My daughter got one, and I got one.   Both Window 10. 

The battery in my daughter's computer always worked well.   Decent run time.  Maybe 4 hours, etc.
My battery always had problems.   It did not run for very long....  maybe 2-1/2 hours.

NOW, it runs for maybe 1-1/2 hrs, and the computer shuts down instantly when the battery runs out. 
There is no "Low Battery" warning.   I have lost valuable work when this happens.
I usually use the computer on A/C adapter, but if I'm on battery, I have to be very careful. 

The "Battery Health" diagnostic says:  Status:  Good.  

What can I do? 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You could try a battery reset, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in this link:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

After the completion leave the laptop to rest for a while before start using it.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer

The battery chemistry itself is OK but its internal controller/monitor chip is defective. You should consider replacing the battery to avoid the surprise shutdowns. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Member Posts: 2 New User
    My surprise shutdowns started when the computer was brand new.  The battery icon is almost never present in my tray.  My computer is not plugged in right now, and there's no battery status, which is the case most of the time.  Occasionally, I'll see the icon indicating that the computer is plugged in, and occasionally, it will indicate that the battery is somewhere under half full.  I cannot force the batter indicator to be visible, and the 'low battery" popup is almost always followed by an immediate shut-down.  Rarely, have I been able to get the cord plugged in in time, even when it's right next to me, already plugged into the wall.  This is VERY frustrating, and nothing has changed since purchase, almost 2 years ago.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,787 Pathfinder
    Hi, 

Press and hold windows + x > click on power options > on the right pane click on additional power settings > now under power plan click on change plan settings > click on change advanced power settings > now double tap on the battery icon > click on low battery action > check it is ON or OFF if its OFF please enable it to get notification. Also, you can set the battery level for critical low battery warning.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer