Poor HDMI Out Performance on Dual Monitor set-up - Predator 17 G9-793

Options
Peantoo
Peantoo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I currently have a 144hz gaming monitor hooked up to the DisplayPort and a regular monitor hooked up to the HDMI port for my "at-home" set-up. All my drivers are up to date (NVIDIA drivers at least) and my 144hz screen works beautifully. The problem is, if I drag a video that's running smoothly on the first screen over to the second screen (the HDMI screen), the audio and video go out of sync every 5 seconds or so. Then it pauses, catches up, plays for 5 seconds, etc. If I drag the window back to the DP screen, the video plays fine. 

So yeah, whatever is playing on the HDMI screen sucks, far worse than it should. I'm guessing this has something to do with the NVIDIA card being connected to the DP port and the Intel chipset running the HDMI, but I really figured an i7-6700 would be able to handle some simple streaming video. Should I be doing something differently? Are there drivers available for the Intel chipset that could fix this problem?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

Intel doesn't take your HDMI port as the iGPU  is disabled by default from BIOS and cannot be enabled. I can't help you with the problem, but it could be because of the different refresh rates of the monitors or probably the HDMI has poor performance.

Have you trìed the opposite? Connecting your regular monitor(I assume it is 60hz) to the DP and your 144hz monitor to the HDMI port. When your 144hz monitor is connected to the HDMI port, it will refresh 60 times per second instead of 144. And if your regular monitor is 60hz then the refresh rate will be the same and this might fix your problem.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Peantoo
    Peantoo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I would try that, but my other monitor only has DVI, VGA, and HDMI inputs, no DP. I might try to find an adapter for DP to DVI or DP to HDMI or something, but I'd rather not blow my money if it's not going to help.