Predator 17 G5-793 Keep freezing/crashing

Tensewicz
Tensewicz Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

1 month ago i have bought Acer Predator 17 G5, works great, every game, program everything. There is a little problem tho. Sometimes, it totally freezes and there isn't any option than keep holding power button to make it manual reset. When im playing games it happend only one or two times, but while im on a browser, youtube or even desktop it crashes much more. I paid a lot of money for this, and now im wondering if i should send it on warranty, or there can be any soulutions which can be done by myself? Predator is brand new, from the well known shop in my country.

Best Answer

• angomy
    angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Go to the search function on your taskbar, then type in "event viewer".  Launch the app.  Under "Summary of Administrative Events" in the middle panel, see if you have any errors listed in the "Critical" section.  That might help narrow down the issue, at least enough to pinpoint the problem (driver or hardware).

Answers

• angomy
    angomy Member Posts: 48 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Go to the search function on your taskbar, then type in "event viewer".  Launch the app.  Under "Summary of Administrative Events" in the middle panel, see if you have any errors listed in the "Critical" section.  That might help narrow down the issue, at least enough to pinpoint the problem (driver or hardware).

• Tensewicz

Thank you for your reply, well i got a lot of errors called DistributedCOM, and 1 critical which is (i think) the one when my laptop crashed last time.

Source Kernel-Power/ID 41/Category (63)

XML:

- <System>
      <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
      <EventID>41</EventID>
      <Version>4</Version>
      <Level>1</Level>
      <Task>63</Task>
      <Opcode>0</Opcode>
      <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-10T12:19:50.119511000Z" />
      <EventRecordID>6798</EventRecordID>
      <Correlation />
      <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
      <Channel>System</Channel>
      <Computer>Predatorek</Computer>
      <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
      <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
      <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
      <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
      <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
      <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
      <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">14</Data>
      <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
      </EventData>
      </Event>

What should i do?
  • Tensewicz

Well, nvm i think i solved it, i didn't had problem since i've updated my sound drivers, and ppl on internet says that was a problem.

Thank you.

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    the big search engine said in one similar case it was caused by AVG Virus scan. Maybe you disable your virus scanner?
  • Tensewicz

Well how I said, it was drivers fault, now it seems ok. If any1 will have this problem on Windows 10, just update your drivers.

Thank you for replies.

• ryan1312
    ryan1312 Member Posts: 2 New User
    how do you update your sound drivers
  • BlueDream73
    BlueDream73 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Tensewicz said:

Well how I said, it was drivers fault, now it seems ok. If any1 will have this problem on Windows 10, just update your drivers.

Thank you for replies.

Hi. How do you update your drivers? You mean the NVidia drivers (if so) or is anything else?