R5-571TG support for Optane Memory - Updated BIOS needed?

NikolaT
NikolaT Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

It appears to me that my new R5-571TG has all the requirements to allow use of Intel Optane memory to boost the performance of the HD, except a BIOS update to make it work. I have installed the 1.07 BIOS and still get a message that the BIOS does not support this. Has anybody looked into this or know what the chances are there will be a BIOS update that enables this to work? It is the one big draw-back to this model with the 1TB HD supplied. The Intel i7 7th Gen processor is just sitting there waiting on it.....

Thanks,

Nick

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

Optane is not supported by ULV CPUs and we may have to wait another year or two in my opinion.

• Theimer
    Theimer Member Posts: 1 New User
    It's been a few years since this post, but has anything changed in the meantime?  I'm on InsydeH2O V1.10 Rev5.0
    I can't access any advanced BIOS settings at all.  I've tried hitting Fn + Tab and saving. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    No, the hardware on a R5-571TG still does not support NVMe. It is SATA3 only.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.