Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Factory reset E1-572G

nightmusicnightmusic Member Posts: 3

Hello, i want to factory reset my laptop come with Windows 8.1 orginally, currently running Windows 10(from free update). I want to keep Windows 10 and i dont have any recovery disc with me. I noticed that there is two way to reset: 1)Acer recovery managment

2)Windows 10 settings's recovery

Which one can help me in this?And what is means by personal files, what does it covers?

FAQ & Answers

• doughjohndoughjohn Member Posts: 353 Die Hard

Hi

Your personal files, like letters you have typed, some settings etc.  usually I look at, and then copy onto a large USB stick my user Settings.  C:\Users\

This can be re-loaded into a new installation, not the best method but effective.

Then I would goto the ACER website and download and save all the files for my particular model, that is the docs and drivers.

Once I was happy with that I could use the ACER recovery method OR download and create my own Windows 10 installation disk from here....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

IF your acer was loaded with W8.x and did the free upgrade then it will be registered with Microsoft and a new install will be validated after a few hours/days.

The above is my way, you need to work out step by step your method, and if you do write it down longhand on a piece of paper.

If in doubt please ask.