JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
Hi guys, Please take time to read. I have a problem, here is the scenario:
I am using my laptop (Editing docs with MS Word) when suddenly the screen dims slowly and when it is very dim it suddenly rebooted, after the 'Acer' logo and motto loaded then the screen goes black with a flickering screen. I turned it off and turn it on, but it is showing pure black screen with flickering screen. I use a flashlight to check if there is some images on the screen like the Acer logo and motto but it is just pure black with screen flickering. The screen flicker is not noticeable because the screen is somewhat dim-like brightness.
So that is my problem, when I turn on my laptop, the screen is on black and the screen is flickering unnoticeably to the naked eye (unless the environment is dark or you light a flashlight directly on the screen). The LEDs are working fine, the battery LED and the charging indicator LED. It is just that my laptop won't get past the black flickering screen.
Also the boot up options and boot to bios won't work, i tried it many times and it failed to boot on bios.
Solutions I tried (from this forum but solutions for not booting up for other devices):
1. Hold the power button for full 30 seconds then turning it on. (Did not work)
2. Waiting for 1 - 3 hours if it boots up. (Did not work either)
Solutions haven't tried:
1. Connecting and external monitor (haven't tried cause I have no computer or external monitor of some sort).
2. Removing the battery, RAM and HDD (i have built-in battery and I am a **bleep** to remove the RAM and HDD so it's a no go for me because I think maybe if I do that I might damage my laptop even more because I am no expert)
3. Sending it to Service Center (I'm from Iligan City, Mindanao, PH and repair and service centers here in our place are known for swapping out parts from clients' laptops who have nicer laptop specs than their technicians, it is known as 'Nangangahoy' or getting firewoods, basically they're making clients' high end laptops a farming place for nice hardwares and swapping it with low ends without the clients knowing, So it is a no go)
I am posting in this forum hopefully to find someone who knows what the problem of my laptop (I'm thinking of RAM Issue)
If you need more info, just ask below, I'll be willing to provide you with informations currently I know. Thank you.