CAMERA NOT WORKING PROPERLY: NO VIDEO NO IMAGE - Acer Aspire E5-473G

Options
GonzagaRussel
GonzagaRussel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives

My acer aspire E5-473G's camera does not work. When I use Skype the video feature is disabled, when using Acer crystal eye web cam the screen is black but the green light indicator (on the left of the camera lens) lights up; this also happens on "Camera (trusted windows store app)".image

it indicates that the camera is ON but all i can see is a black screen.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,122 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Imaging devices, right click the camera, uninstall the driver, click Action and select Scan for Hardware chages and it will reinstall the driver, let us know whether it fixes the problem.

Capture1.JPG

• ConnyK
    ConnyK Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem! I checked for driver updates as well as windows updates, but the camera is still not working (aspire es15). Just to doublecheck: when you say "uninstall the driver" you mean "uninstall the device", right?

• brummyfan2
    Options

ConnyK wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem! I checked for driver updates as well as windows updates, but the camera is still not working (aspire es15). Just to doublecheck: when you say "uninstall the driver" you mean "uninstall the device", right?

Hi,

You can click Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• ConnyK
    Options

Thanks for clarifying! I've tried that and afterwards, the camera worked on Skype and the standard camera app. However, after turning the laptop off and now on again, it isn't working anymore. There must be another way than uninstalling and then reinstalling every time I'm turning on my laptop? I'd be grateful for any help!

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Try uninstalling Camera App using the methods in the tutorial below and reinstall it, it may have got corrupted.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

• ConnyK
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your help! I followed the instructions in the link and everything worked as shown, but the camera is still not working. Not on the windows camera app nor on skype. The green light next to the camera turns on, but apart from that, it doesn't do anything. I just bought this laptop a week ago Smiley Sad so I'd be grateful for any other suggestions on how to fix that problem.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

It could be a faulty camera or a bad cable connection(manufacturing fault), I would suggest you to return the laptop to the retailer for refund or get a replacement as it's a week old laptop.

• Misogikan
    Misogikan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have tried everything on my Aspire 6935 not working,tells me another program is using camera but what program,how to find it ?help please
  • Lapiop
    Lapiop Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem. I tried everything from this forum but nothing works...Any solutions?