PREDATOR HELIOS RANDOMLY SWITCHING OFF

Options
ansermstf
ansermstf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives

hELLO ALL, I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE PREDATOR HELIOS 300, But the new laptop seems to shut off without any warning a any point of running....(3-4 hours). When this happens the laptop does not turns on for more than 5 minutes for the first 2 imes and then starts working as normal. I does not have any heating issues afa I can notice, Please suggest, its really urgent, I am travelling hence cannot claim the warranty ut really need the laptop.

Thanks

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

After you turn on the laptop, what is the battery percentage? After the laptop shuts off, can you see the light indicating the battery? When you try to switch it on the first 2 times, does the laptop turn on and then turn off immediately, or it doesn't turn on at all?

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ansermstf
    Options

Thanks for the response:

The battery percentage is the same as it was before shutting off, it usually happened on bettery more than 60%. Will try to notice the light next time. The laptop turns on and then shuts off sometimes afer booting the windows and sometimes immediately.

• ven98
    Options

You can try reseting the battery, it might help if the problem comes from it.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ansermstf
    Options

Will try that for sure but Dont think battery is a problem, as this happened while in plugged in state also. Could there be a software related issue or is it a hardware related issue only?

Thank you for the efforts.

• ven98
    Options

It can still be a battery problem even if the laptop is plugged to the charger, because the battery is connected to the system directly. The charger charges the battery only doesn't power the laptop. I am not sure whether the battery is the problem, but I used to have a laptop, that had same problem and it was the battery. In order to find and issue, you need to start from somewhere. You can try factory reseting windows, and whiping out everything on the drive.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Aj_97
    Aj_97 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

mine also had the issue with the auto shutdown without any battery issues.. I also called the technician but he appeared completely unprofessional. My issue was handled by a service centre in JAIPUR, Rajasthan as its the place where I live...

My laptop also had the issue of shutting down but only when it is not plugged in..

When the technician visited my place he checked for the battery condition by generating some battery reports by performing some tests.. but the battery condition appeared fine..

Later He had a conversation with the service centre head and what he told was that.. GAMING LAPTOP HAS TO BE USED WITH THE CHARGER PLUGGED IN.. THIS IS A ISSUE WITH THE ALL GAMINH LAPTOPS

But before contacting the acer support I myself reseached about this issue on the web and I found that- THE RAM COVER WHEN SCREWED PROPERLY PRESSESS A BUTTON NEAR THE RAM STICK. What happened in my case was that there was some problem with the ram cover.

I told all that research to the technician and he helped after my suggestion.

He turned on the laptop and removed the battery cover and I heard the same clicking sound when the laptop switched down randomly. What he did that he pasted a small peice of a double sided tape on the RAM COVER to make the button pressed.

Since then my issue is fixed..

Hope this helps someone else too

Cheers!

• swarim
    swarim Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Aj_97 said:

mine also had the issue with the auto shutdown without any battery issues.. I also called the technician but he appeared completely unprofessional. My issue was handled by a service centre in JAIPUR, Rajasthan as its the place where I live...

My laptop also had the issue of shutting down but only when it is not plugged in..

When the technician visited my place he checked for the battery condition by generating some battery reports by performing some tests.. but the battery condition appeared fine..

Later He had a conversation with the service centre head and what he told was that.. GAMING LAPTOP HAS TO BE USED WITH THE CHARGER PLUGGED IN.. THIS IS A ISSUE WITH THE ALL GAMINH LAPTOPS

But before contacting the acer support I myself reseached about this issue on the web and I found that- THE RAM COVER WHEN SCREWED PROPERLY PRESSESS A BUTTON NEAR THE RAM STICK. What happened in my case was that there was some problem with the ram cover.

He turned on the laptop and removed the battery cover and I heard the same clicking sound when the laptop switched down randomly. What he did that he pasted a small peice of a double sided tape on the RAM COVER to make the button pressed.

Cheers!

I am facing the exact issue, though I am not certain what exactly it is that you did to fix the issue, it will be of immense help if you could share the procedure with us.
    Thanks in advance.
  • vikrant
    vikrant Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    swarim said:
    Aj_97 said:

Cheers!

Thanks man it works thanks for sharing. everyone if u having the same problem try this solution first open the ram cover there is a button over there lappy will not turn on untill the button is not compeletly pressed. so it may possible that your button is lose. and stick some paper or something.
  • mchapman
    mchapman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have been having the exact same problem for a while now. Completely random shutdown's with no warning. It is not temperature related and I have replaced the battery to no avail. I will try checking the RAM cover and hope that that fixes the problem. Thank you, AJ, for the suggestion! It is much better advice than any Acer person has been able to give me so far. Oh, also, my laptop only shuts down when NOT plugged in it seems, which makes it seem like a battery issue but it's not.