Aspire E5-575-54SM Wifi and Search/Microsoft Office issues

Options
Nater17
Nater17 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have downloaded and installed Microsoft Office 365 (from my University's secure link for students) but cannot access any of the apps. They are not in the start menu, list of programs, or in any program folders. I have tried using the search bar to find them, but the results list is completely blank, not even acting like it is searching for anything. This is also the case when attempting to search for programs like Edge for example.
The computer also will not show any available wifi connections either at home or on-campus, even though there definitely are options. When hovering over the wifi icon it even says that options are available to connect to, but after clicking on it to select one, the results screen is blank. Exactly like the search bar issue, it will search for a second or two and then remain blank.
I have spent hours looking for solutions online and in this forum, and nothing has worked at all for either issue. I have also taken it to the University's IT department. They spent over an hour trying different solutions and passing it higher up the chain with no luck. They said it is the first time that a computer has came in that they have not been able to fix or even have an explanation for what the issue may be.
I have tried running all the possible troubleshooting scans built into the computer, all the security and performance scans from Norton 360, as well as all the advice given for similar problems posted online. I got this computer at the beginning of fall semester (August 2016), and everything has been perfect about this computer until about a week ago. It is taken care of very well, not dropped, hit hard, or been anywhere close to water. No sketchy programs or anything like that have been downloaded on it, it has just been strickly used as my school laptop. I've never even powered it off by pressing the button..
I do not know what else to do, and I'm currently in a summer class that requires a computer for research. I will gladly take any suggestions anyone has. Taking it to a computer shop is not really an option though, because I am in Manhattan, KS with the closest trustworthy store being 1+ hour away.
Thank you, and let me know if any other information is needed.