Predator G9-593 Drivers Issues

mmasri
mmasri Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey Guys, I have purchased a predator G9-593 a month ago, when i upgraded the windows 10 home to Pro none of the old fancy drivers are back on windows update. ( AHCI kabylake, Thunderbolt, Dolby Audio, etc ... )

The annoying thing is that these drivers are not listed on the website of acer support drivers and manual.

Any help guys?

appreciated

Best Answer

• FuchsHH
    FuchsHH Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I had the same problems. Did a clean Win10 install and after I found only old G9-593 drivers on the Acer website. I just installed the drivers for 793 model. Same with PredatorSense. Everything works fine.

Answers

• beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer

you don't know how to disable windows automatic driver updates (I'm sure google knows) or you cannot find the current drivers?

All mentionned drivers are on the Acer's website. Dolby Audio is a part of Realtek Driver for e.g.

Could you try to be a bit more specific?

• mmasri
    mmasri Member Posts: 2 New User

i cant find the old drivers that where pre-installed on windows 10 Home

acer's website dont have such drivers under the G9-593 ! not even the predator sense !

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Download Predator Sense from G9-793's driver page. The drivers and other things are the same, so it safe to download Predator Sense from there. Dolby Audio installs together with the Realtek driver as beststevie says.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• FuchsHH
    FuchsHH Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I had the same problems. Did a clean Win10 install and after I found only old G9-593 drivers on the Acer website. I just installed the drivers for 793 model. Same with PredatorSense. Everything works fine.