Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-72L3 suddenly very slow

sweepercurlym
sweepercurlym Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I purchased this laptop back in January.  it was very quick until very recently.  Any suggestions why this would be?  It has been scanned numerous times for malware and these scans turned up negative.

Answers

• Shebasue10
    Shebasue10 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello 

I have a 2 year old Acer Aspire E 15 that has been workng great until recently 

It started shutting down on its own (checked and cleaned vents from outside-thinking overheatng problem)  and I seemed to have got past that issue 

I recently installed the latest Win 10 update(yeah it stayed on long enough to do that) and now it just is very slow and does not want to cmpletely load programs such as Farmvulle 2-which I play frequently

My first question is- are there any other onboard diognostic tools other than Memory on this laptop?

Also are there any online free downloads to check out what the problem might be?

I just do not have the money to take it in anywhere to be looked at or to waste on softare that might not work

I realise that it might simply just be getting ready to "go out" and I would replace it with another of the same in a heartbeat as it has served me very well for the price and my frequency of use

I bought my husband the exact  same laptop about a month later so we have 2 of them  and I am using his now 

Thanks for any replies  Smiley Happy

• Ilia
    Ilia Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Hello
    I have exactly the same problem. My laptop become very slow after the windows update. And now it is impossible to run. Please who can give us a hint how to solve this problem
  • sweepercurlym

I think it's really horrible that Acer won't even bother responding to this.  I'll remember that the next time I'm in the market for a new laptop.

• olgisl
    olgisl Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same problem with Acer Aspire E5-551-89VA

• sweepercurlym

They don't even care either.