Acer Aspire V3 571g Overheating and extremely low Fps

Options
Nokko
Nokko Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello Acer Comunity,I need some help,I have an Acer Aspire V3 571g and it is extremely overheating,I disassemlbed the laptop,cleaned the dust,changed thermal compound,but nothing.But not only the Cpu.

It is Overheating and the HDD and the Ram.

The HDD is new.

I have:Intel I5-3210M 2.5ghz with Turbo boost to 3.1ghz

Nvidia Gt 630m with 2 gb

4GB ram ddr3 1600mh

New HDD,and others

Please help,and give a link for a fan controller,because I cant access any link.

Thank you

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    Yes this is a common fault with the Acer Aspire V3-571G's, the single cooling fan is not adequate to cool both the CPU and GPU. I've got the same problem but I've got the i7-3610QM (which runs very hot) as a matter of a fact, it got that hot that it just turned off my system, this was due to the CPU reaching 105c which is the limit and the system turns off automatically. 

Btw, I've solved all these heat issues. My Suggestion to all that have an Acer Aspire V3-571G is to (clean the CPU fan, repaste the CPU and GPU) but also drill extra holes (use a 1.5mm to 2mm drill bit) in the bottom case where the CPU round vent is (which is ridiculously small as vent hole) and also drill holes (in a circular pattern, about 30 holes to make a circular hole vent) in the bottom case where the Motherboard and GPU mounts to the bottom case, this will eliminate and dissipate allot of the heat. 

I'm also running the Acer Aspire V3-571G on a gaming laptop cooler for extra cooling, you can also use a 'Vacuum Fan', there are loads of these (in various price ranges) so you have allot of choices and they work really well. I use a 'Cooler Master NotePal X3 $47.99' which is not cheap but it works excellently. 

Also and another thing that I've experienced (whenever I'm playing demanding GPU games) is to take the battery out of the  Acer Aspire V3-571G and run the laptop directly from the power plug, as it gives the laptop more ventilation (where the battery is located) and what I've found, is that the Acer Aspire V3-571G runs at least 30c cooler by doing this, 

Also, use ThrottleStop v8.70 to regulate and disable 'Turbo Boost' which also helps CPU tems, plus, ThrottleStop v8.70 also allows you to reduce the CPU's 'Set Multiplier' which also reduces some of the heat off the CPU.