DO NOT BUY! HORRIBLE PRODUCTS / SERVICE

Options
PEGBOARDER
PEGBOARDER Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought a high end Predator laptop from acer and it was horrible.

Light bleeding from the corners.

Six weeks of use it bricked on me.

No power, nothing.

Called their customer service and made me go through all these hoops.

In the end I had to box it up and ship it across the country.

I asked for an exchange which they will not provide.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Raymond and David trying to explain to them how unfair treatment of customers this was.

They sold me a lemon and will not do the right thing and provide Apple quality service and exchange it.

They also told me FedEx would come to my address to pick it up which isn’t true at all.

So now I’m out 3 hours travel, gas and packing expenses.

Do yourselves a favour and stay away from this bush league company who has no idea how to treat its customers.

I seriously hope 1000 people read this and i can change their minds about buying their bad products.

Companies like this do not deserve to be in business. They take advantage of people. Sad.

Zero out of 5 stars Acer. You’re a JOKE.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

You are not 100% right here. Their services are bad, especially in UK and their laptops are not just lemons, but 97-degree(Celsius) ones.

About they not wanting to exchange your laptop, actually they are not allowed to. If they can't replace your laptop they have to give your money back. I had the same experience. They couldn't fix my laptop, nor find the same model to replace it. I asked them to exchange it for a different model Acer, but they refused and refunded it.

My overall experience with their services wasn't good as I had to send back the laptop to them 3 times, in order to find out that they can't fix it, but at least they work fast and refunding the unit didn't take more than 2 days. About my over experience with them, I would give about 7/8 out of 10.

The light bleeding from the corners is normal for IPS screens. If you buy another laptop with an IPS screen, it will be very likely to have the same light bleeding on the screen. I don't think this is a problem, as you can see it only when the colour of the screen is in black.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!