Aspire VN7-791G touchpad not working

pedjax
pedjax Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi everybody.

I hae this problem over one year. My touchpad doesn't work. It's not shown in the device manager, and nowhere in the computer. I have windows 10. And of course it's not about Fn+F7.

First I thought that it was a hardware issue, so I bought a new touchpadd and flat cable, but it still doesn't work. Then i thought, maybe something is wrogn with the mb.

But look at this - the touchpad works in dos. It's seen as a ps/2 mouse and it works fine. In every other os it doesn't work, nor it's shown in  the device manager.

Also, I don't know if it's normal, but thee's no touchpad sub menu in BIOS.

I hope that somebody has a solution for me. It's really annoying.

Answers

• bitbender
    bitbender Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey,

I have a similar problem. So I'm glad that I'm not alone. My touchpad isn't working either. I got my Acer VN7 791g a week ago. Everything was pretty good. My Laptop doen't had a SSD installed. But my old one had one. So I decided to install my old Sandisk SSD into my SATA Slot on the new Acer.

After doing so and power-on the Laptop, my Touchpad got insaly hot and a bubble started to form! So obiously something was broken. I switched back to the HDD. Bought a new Touchpad and installed it yesterday. It doesn't get hot anymore, which is good, but it isn't working either, which is bad.

And here I have the same problem like you: It's not showing on the Windows hardware manager, nor is ist working on the Linux system. But I didn't tried to use DOS or an OS bootable from USB stick. On another thread someone posted a Screenshot of his BIOS settings. I also don't have the option to put the touchpad into "Basic Mode".

What DOS do you use? I want to try this...

• pedjax

Tinkerer

Hi!

Download Hiren's boot CD. Boot it, and choose DOS programs then DOS.

• pedjax

Tinkerer

Does anybody has an idea how to solve my problem?