Acer Active stylus model PR77S A

xRaventhegreatx
xRaventhegreatx Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I was wondering will the Acer Active Stylus Model: PR77S A work with an Aspire R15. I bought it for my R13 but after a rather unfortunate coffee incident I have had to replace the R13. The pen cost me $60 so I'm really hoping I can still use it.

Here is a picture of the one I have.  image

Best Answer

• dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

I have the R15 model and already asked acer live chat and they told me only "touch support" and pens dont work. I havent tried a pen yet but you can maybe try and test it in a store that has a R15 like Bestbuy or Target etc..

Answers

• dak2014

That model does not have a pen support.

• xRaventhegreatx

Tinkerer

I'm reading it doesn't have a digitizer but then I'm confused by this product description. It says turn your laptop into a digitizer.

https://store.acer.com/en-us/accessories/keyboards-mice-styluses/aspire-active-stylus-for-switch-alpha-12

• dak2014
    Answer ✓

I have the R15 model and already asked acer live chat and they told me only "touch support" and pens dont work. I havent tried a pen yet but you can maybe try and test it in a store that has a R15 like Bestbuy or Target etc..

• xRaventhegreatx

Tinkerer

Oh well, thanks for the answer.

• dak2014

np, its sad that it doesnt have pen support. great laptop.

• xRaventhegreatx

Tinkerer

I have this ball point pen that has a rubber nub that acts as a stylus and works on the touch screen. It's not accurate though so if you were going to draw wouldn't really help. I guess that's as close as we'll get.

• dak2014

Yea those pens work on all touchscreen devices.