Acer Predator Z271bmiphz pixelated problems when using after a few minutes.

sensorz
sensorz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives

Hi,

I've recently bought a new Z271 monitor which has mayor pixel problems when using for a few minutes.

When for example playing a game or when watching a video the screen get filled with red/yellow/blue pixels where back or white colors supposed to be.

Example photo:
E8YzECO
Is there something I am missing? or did I forget to set something up for this not to happen?
Please advise.

Basic troubleshooting methods used.

1) Checked cable, looking good. used multiple cables with same result.

2) Checked Grapicscard, drivers, heat, usage, etc. looks fine to me.

3) Searched for Monitor drivers for Windows (drivers for Windows 8 since Windows 10 sees this as a normal PnP monitor), no improment.

4) Fiddled around with Nvidia control panel... eg; changing resolution, refresh rate, etc. Same result.

5) Tried to find a firmware update, non exsisting....

6) *update: Browsed the forums, seems like a lot of people experienced the same issue. Only real feedback without any explenation was to fill in a Repair request at your local Acer Service Point http://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice. So I did, Just filled in a request form with the same explenation as this forum post... and now I need to send my monitor to them.

Basic Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 fe.
Monitor: Acer Predator Z271bmiphz.

Many thanks in advance

Answers

• revan
    revan Member Posts: 7 New User

Hi, It was a problem with G-sync firmware.

For my monitor G-sync firmware has been updated in service depot and problem has gone.

• sensorz

That's great news, I've arraged a pick-up for this.

Kinda wished they released the firmware update to the public, so we didn't need to send it for repairs tho Smiley Happy

• Saphirus
    Saphirus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Having the same issue despite being purchased as "manufacturer refurbished" 
  • Logan2014
    Logan2014 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Bonjour comment puis-je obtennir la mise a jour du firmware G-sync ? 
  • sensorz
    Bonjour, comment allez-vous.

My screen had to go to the Acer Service Center (it is there right now for repairs.
    They have not yet released a firmware or driver update for this monitor.

You have to contact Acer Support Center so that your monitor will be picked up and checked out at the Service Center.
  • HeadfullEyeballs
    HeadfullEyeballs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have had this issue aswelll and did send it back to Acer and the problem was gone, but now after almost 1 year I have this monitor the problem is back. Please help.
  • Minusas
    Minusas Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Can someone confirm, that firmware update fixes problem?