Black Screen Laptop Restart Loop?

FawazAlmutawa95
FawazAlmutawa95 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My laptop keeps getting a black screen when playing. When I do normal tasks such as browse internet watch videos and do work for a very long period of time it's fine. Although when I play games after a certain time usually 1hour my PC gets a black screen as if its turning on. I can still hear the PC fans and game running. I checked PC temp and they all are fine, I rolled back Graphics drivers still the same issue. I even restarted my pc back to factory settings.

Weirdly, I connected the laptop to my TV through HDMI and played games but never got the black screen. As soon as i unplugged the HDMi I got the black screen.

Once I get a black screen when I keep the laptop with the black screen it eventually just restarts the PC, although when the PC restarts it is still a black screen so my laptop restart again and again (as if my laptop realises something is wrong). I have to hard kill the laptop to switch off then wait a little to turn it back on for the screen to work again and remove the black screen.

PS: My laptop is really new less than 6 months old. Acer Predator GX-791

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Try switching to single display performance mode from nvidia control panel. This might fix your problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/Laptop-restarts-randomly-GX-791/m-p/505187#M4145

If it doesn't work, the link above is from a previous thread and there IronFly tells how to find what kind of an error is causing the system to restart. Do the procedure as shown and send the error.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!