Aspire X3400G Upgraded to Win 10 Need coprocessor driver

Options
geford
geford Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

Upgraded to 10 when it was free. Worked well for a long time. Recently crashed so downloaded 10 from Microsoft and did clean install. Takes forever to boot but works well when finally up.

Two issues:

1. When it boots I never see the Acer splash with the options for getting into BIOS or Boot Options.

2. Device Manager shows under Other Devices that the coprocessor driver is missing. When I try to update driver Windows is unable to find one. I don't know what the device is and can't find a driver for it. 

Would be grateful for any coments or suggestions.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

this is windows 10 behaviour, you need to press Del key to enter BIOS, boot options are only available if F12 Boot menu is enabled on BIOS and pressing F12 at boot

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • geford
    Options

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&SUBSYS_02281025&REV_A2
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&SUBSYS_02281025
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&CC_0B4000
    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0753&CC_0B40

These are all the values under Hardware Ids. Clicking on the values does nothing.

Thanks for your reply.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

it's the nForce chipset driver, there's no official support under windows 10; you can only try to install the windows 7 version available on nvidia website:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • geford
    Options

Thank you so very much!

The 7 driver worked fine.

very much appreciated

• ComputerTutor
    ComputerTutor Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same computer and have loaded W10 but have the same result with the coprocessor. Following the above instructions I get the same values under hardware. I downloaded and installed the above suggested driver but it does not resolve the problem. Can anyone suggest how to make this driver install and work? I have restored literally hundreds of W7 or above computers and can't recall another for which I have been so unsuccessful in clearing the yellow marks off the Device Manager. It is hard for me to grasp that it is possible that this lovely computer simply can't work properly with W10 and the available drivers. What must I be overlooking? I tried the Compatibility Troubleshooter but that doesn't do it. If I let MS find a driver it crashes the computer with a message about "Page fault in non-paged area. nvsmu.sys". I then have to boot to "Repair" using an install disc and use "System Restore" to recover. I am comfortable taking chances so I am even soliciting some otherwise reckless approach. I welcome all suggestions! Geford, how did you make it work? We have the same gear!
  • SGH71
    SGH71 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    To get the drivers to register with the device and Windows 10, in device manager, right click on co-processor and select update driver. Instead of doing a windows search, select local search and then browse to you c drive. There should be a nvidia folder. Select it and run and then it will install the windows 7 driver for you and work then.
  • gisellej
    gisellej Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Good day Ironfly, I'm new to this so please bear with me. I stumbled upon this forum searching for a solution to this same problem with upgrading to win 10 with my outdated nvidia graphics card. I was just wondering if the solution above might work for me as well or if I need a different type of driver. These are the specs my system.
    WIN10 Pro 32bit (32 bit o/s, x64 based processor)
    AMD Sempron 140 Processor 2.70Ghz
    Currently running the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter but my chipset is NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nforce 430.
    I"ve got 3G RAM AND 464G disc