R5-571T-57Z0 cracked glass

Options
Rebeccastarr09
Rebeccastarr09 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
How do I get my screen repaired? I can't find one online anywhere and I am not about to pay 300$ to have acer do it themselves when there was no misuse what so ever all I was doing was flipping it into tablet mode and then next thing I know there was a crack in the screen.

Answers

• Tmart016
    Tmart016 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey buddy I have the same model and had the same exact problem. Acer refused to accept the idea that maybe the screen itself wasn't defective but the design was defective, which lead to my screen breaking during normal use. I argued my case all the way to corporate and the best they said they could do was $150 and it would have taken 3 weeks. They even said to me that it's a "common problem with these models".

Definitely don't give them more money I had mine fixed at a local phone repair shop, it cost me about $100 to get a new non-touch screen.

Best of luck friend and please let everyone know about your experience with Acer, maybe you can save them from having to deal with the same problem many of are.
  • dak2014
    dak2014 Member Posts: 75 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Wow i have the same model. Didnt know that it can actually crack. Ill keep care with it lol

• Rebeccastarr09
    Rebeccastarr09 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    If you don't mind what kind of screen did you use I can't find any screen that is compatible with this specific laptop