Acer VX15 BSOD "Driver Power State Failure"

Options
Valharth1031
Valharth1031 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I've recently just bought a new laptop (Acer Aspire VX15) with an i5 and a GTX 1050. I updated a bunch of drivers and I suddenly got the aformentioned BSOD. I isolated the problem when updating the Nvidia drivers. I've tried everything from reinstalling the drivers to doing a full reinstall of Windows but to no avail. After reinstalling windows, with windows update, the most recent drivers I'm getting is 376.54 (these seem to be stable but obviously really, really old drivers and funnily enough are newer than what Acer provides on their website). I tried updating to the latest 382.33 via NVIDIA website but I'm getting intermittent BSODs with the aformentioned message. I tried the older 381.65 driver and so forth but I'm still getting the same results. This is ridiculous. I'd like to get up to speed with drivers so I can play more recent games but the problem persists! What good is a "gaming" laptop if it can't play more recent games?! So frustrating! I've read that a lot of people have recently been experiencing this problem as well. Acer really needs to get themselves together in giving updates. Any help would be appreciated please!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

can be a good choice to post to nvidia forum too, since some BSODs related to Predators laptops, were merely a nvidia drivers issue that they fixed in newer versions.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/33/geforce-drivers/

i suggest you also to update BIOS, if any update is available:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Valharth1031
    Valharth1031 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I already posted on the Nvidia forums before this but still no reply. I also finished updating the bios to the latest 1.04 but to no avail. I hope a representative replies. I've been hitting a wall for the past 24 hours that I've owned this thing.

• Malike84
    Malike84 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the exact same problem and have tried EVERYTHING. So frustrating. I bought it to play games, but I can't due to continuesly BSOD. Some times I'm lucky and are able to play for some hours. But most of the time BSOD all the time. I have tried allmost every possible drivers, reinstalled windows from scratch several times, used the drivers windows automaticly installs, the acer drivers, the newest drivers, Geforce Experience (dies everytime so absolutely no-go).

In the time writing this I have deactivated the Nvidia card to ensure stability, but SO ANOING that I cant use the power that was the reason I bought it in the first place.

What have I experinced from my many tries:

1. I'm 100% sure it's happening due to the GFX.

2. Geforce Experience allways makes it worse.

3. I can't find any drivers that doesn't end up BSOD sooner or later.

4. It happens when the laptop is attached to power. On battery I dont experience any problems. But not good for gaming.

ACER -> DO SOMETHING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Thank you Smiley Happy

• tombry
    tombry Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited December 2017
    Options
    I have the same problem, have you dealt with it?
  • kahlilvanz
    kahlilvanz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Update BIOS to the latest firmware version 1.06 or later.
    Find your model software support here www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
  • tombry
    tombry Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    I already have version 1.06 of the bios. Even the acer service can not help me