What does a bios update with compatible 630m update do on a 4755g acer laptop

Eucliwood22
Eucliwood22 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Im just new here, and i know this is a very odd question, i have seen a bios update in acer aspire 4755g with a discription of 610m and 630m compatibility update. Now im just wondering what does this update do if my graphics card is a soldered 540m. Does this mean i can change a soldered graphics card with a right 630m gpu ? To properly explain what im asking please take a look at the bios/firmware part https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/3803?b=1 and see the specs of a 4755g http://specificationslaptop.blogspot.com/2012/05/acer-aspire-4755g-intel-core-i7-full.html?m=1

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

honestly?

save money for a better laptop, external GPU for laptops works only via thunderbolt connections and not in all models and they are expensive too.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly

the cost of unsoldering and resoldering a new GPU on an old laptop, it's not worth and needs special skills and tools.

hoping the motherboard didn't had different revisions too.

• Eucliwood22
    Eucliwood22 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I see, to replace another poor gpu for gaming doesnt really worth the time and effort. But if theres any chance what can i do to give this laptop a better chance of playing 2017 games in mid to high settings other than buying another laptop? I know there are now some external gpu that can be connect to a laptop. But is there any modifications other than that?
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓

honestly?

save money for a better laptop, external GPU for laptops works only via thunderbolt connections and not in all models and they are expensive too.