Acer XB280HK Stuck on 640 x 480 Resolution

AndrewLaf
AndrewLaf Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, 

I have had an Acer XB280HK for just under a year now and have really enjoyed it. Unfortunately recently upon moving my PC to another room in the apartment the screen is no longer working. When the PC boots up I can see the screen and go into the BIOS, although it is tiny, but when Windows loads I loose the signal. 

When I go into the info on the screen options I can see that the resolution is 640 x 480, clearly this isnt right but for some reason I cannot change it. Even if I plug in another Monitor and log into WIndows I can see the XB280HK is being picked up but I cannot use the display or change the resolution at all. 

I have tried different DisplayPort cables and have uninstalled an re-installed the nvidia drivers multiple times wihtout any luck. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be and how I can resolve it?

Answers

• kleistykleist
    kleistykleist Member Posts: 2 New User
    anyluck mines doing the same

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,651 Trailblazer
    @kleistykleist try a full power reset: Disconnect all cables, including the power, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Release the button go have a cup of coffee and after 15-30 minutes plug everything back in and power it up. Let me know if it works or doesn't and we'll try to dig deeper.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • kleistykleist
    kleistykleist Member Posts: 2 New User
    still doing it.
    it shows up in safe mode in low resolution. nvidia detects it but i cant select it.