Upgrade Acer Aspire 4820TG to more/better RAM and SSD?

Olivenbaum2013
Olivenbaum2013 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I've searched a few forums on my topic, most of them however are from around 2012. I assume that there have changed a lot now. What has not changed with my Acer Aspire 4820TG 434G32 Mnks, which I would like to upgrade according to more/better RAM and a new hard drive/ssd.
In addition to the speed on Windows 10 that does not realy satisfies me, it is also the Blue Screen, which is now often rising up sometimes out of nowhere and I want to counteract. I know now where to find an take out and put in the RAM and the hard drive. The question is: Do I find something suitable there? Is it worthy? Is it possible?

1. Can I use a modern SSD instead of my old Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 (320GB 5K500.B internal hard disk (6.35 cm (2.5 inch), 5400rpm, 12 ms, SATA2)?
  2. Can I replace my 2x4GB RAM (on Slot 1 and 3 respectively DDR3, PC3-10700, 667 MHz, double rank, Samsung) with more and/or better RAM?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answers

• GeekoLUnDsOp
    GeekoLUnDsOp Member Posts: 14 New User

Have checked the Crucial website and found that your laptop is on the list. There are lots of HDD and SSD compatible with your laptop. MX300 is compatible with your laptop is you have planning to upgrade it.  Better to stick with HDD since the price is lower.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Olivenbaum2013 wrote:

Hello,

I've searched a few forums on my topic, most of them however are from around 2012. I assume that there have changed a lot now. What has not changed with my Acer Aspire 4820TG 434G32 Mnks, which I would like to upgrade according to more/better RAM and a new hard drive/ssd.
    In addition to the speed on Windows 10 that does not realy satisfies me, it is also the Blue Screen, which is now often rising up sometimes out of nowhere and I want to counteract. I know now where to find an take out and put in the RAM and the hard drive. The question is: Do I find something suitable there? Is it worthy? Is it possible?

1. Can I use a modern SSD instead of my old Hitachi HTS545032B9A300 (320GB 5K500.B internal hard disk (6.35 cm (2.5 inch), 5400rpm, 12 ms, SATA2)?
    2. Can I replace my 2x4GB RAM (on Slot 1 and 3 respectively DDR3, PC3-10700, 667 MHz, double rank, Samsung) with more and/or better RAM?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

You don't need to upgrade the RAM as it's sufficient and there's no benefit by upgrading it but if you upgrade your HDD to a SSD, you will notice the difference immediately, yes it's expensive than a normal HDD but worth every penny you spend.