Acer E5-553G - Network Cable Query

tiggersmum
tiggersmum Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire E 15 and sometimes when I turn it on I'm not instantly connected to the net. I go into the network setting and I see this.

network_status.jpg

Then I run the trouble shooter

network_status2.jpg

Even though I am connected to the net it shows that there seems to be a problem with the network cable I don't have a network cable as I am connected using a wireless router.

Once I run the diagnoses and fix it I am able to connect and there is no problem. Why does it say that there is a problem the network cable when I don't even use one?

I asked on whirlpool and it was suggested that I update my wi-fi drivers. I download the Wireless LAN drivwer and updated but I'm still having the same problem. 

Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Please report your BIOS version

windows logo key + r

type

msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

can you please report which wifi drivers you installed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • tiggersmum

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.09, 3/08/2016

Wireless LAN Driver Intel 19.20.0.6_W10x64. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

let's try a BIOS update first:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.16_A_A.zip?acerid=636286831175865643&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E5-553G&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

unzip and run the exe file

about the network cable error, windows is correct if you don't have one plugged

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Wanted to add windows will report no cable plugged in/detected if none present until you click on the warning and tell it to ignore that status. Basically it's a heads up note to let you know and unless your using it and need to know status turning off the warning message is normal procedure.

• tiggersmum

I have done the update and after restart all was ok..I will just see how it goes next time and the times after. If after a few days it's still woking then I will come back and accept your solution.

The network cable erro has probably always been there but it wasn't until I has having the trouble connecting to the net that I noticed it. 

• celystigger
    celystigger Member Posts: 2 New User

This it tiggersmum. I had to create a new account because of new email.

Problem with connecting to net automatically is still playing up. I did update the bios but looks like it needs someone else.

What's the next step?

Thanks heaps mate Woman Very Happy

• celystigger
    celystigger Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Trukntigger. Will make note of this for next time it happens. Woman Very Happy