I resolved my BSOD`s and especially the ``irql not less or equal`` one with these fixes:

tal
tal Member Posts: 18 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

A couple of weeks ago i resolved to stop BSODing ``irql not less or equal``, ``driver autentication error`` and game crashing types and i found the fixes

for anyone having them do the next things:

Click on windows button down left side in the corner, click on search, type in ``command prompt`` > right click it and choose ``open as administrator`` then type in exactly as written here: netsh interface teredo state disabled

then press enter.

Now restart the predator and vuola!

now the second part:

I had Advanced System Care installed with smart defrag and all iobit stuff togheter with Reimage Plus (disgusting software)... i highly suggest you guys to DELETE THEM ALL; it just gave me endless bsods and headaches from interfering in my tasks while gaming/navigating and using third party actions. 

Now after removing ASC iobit (except for driver booster) and Reimage Plus

Download Malwarebytes!!, run a scan and find those malwares and bloatwares still residing hidden and clean them.

So instead of ASC i now use System Mechanic by IOLO seriously its the best thing ever! he is not heavy, he doesnt run in the backround he doesnt periodically ``scan for issues``, he only optimizes according to your system specs and hardware and doesnt try to force an ``alien`` configuration to your system, plus it will ask you permission before any action or scan you will want to perform

After these i never had BSOD again nor any game crashing! (been 2 weeks now) even under heavy load gaming while watching YT videos lol, before that i only had to load heavy tasks for my pc go kaput.

I hope i helped you guys.

PS> if you didnt repaste the cpu/gpu i highly recomend you guys take to a technician and/or do it yourselves.

good luck!

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Answers

• destruya
    destruya Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Any chance of finding out what exactly "netsh interface teredo state disabled" does?  I've run a Google search on the string and there are only four results, one of them being this thread.  And I'd hope to reverse it, all one needs to do is type "netsh interface teredo state enabled"?

EDIT: Seems Teredo has to do with IPv6 handling.

• tal
    tal Member Posts: 18 New User

Yes teredo has to do with ipv6 which mosts pcs nowadays dont operate, and to be honest this is the main fix that helped me get rid of the BSOD irql driver not less or equal... so im just sharing this here in hope to help, im not technician or anything of the sort and any problem persisting or seemingly difficult i would say take it to Acer Support.

• Xigenon
    Xigenon Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I dont know if this might help but the only thing that stopped me from getting BSOD's was to update the killer network software from their own website instead of acer's website. 

There is an updated version of the KILLER NETWORK software released 1 or 2 months ago called: Killer Control Center(it just deletes anything installed before and install all the new stuff and DRIVERS that you will need)

Since I installed it, all problems are gone specially the ones about: "...not equal or less than..." caused when clicking on the VPN option on the Action Center (right menu).

• Jere
    Jere Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI! I have the same error, but Windows not started. I get a loop: the error, rebooting and "preparing automatic repair"... How can I access to Windows safe mode?
    I tried with alt+F10 but appear "please wait" and I get the same loop again... I bought this laptop last fridays in NY and I'm in Buenos Aires.. 
  • beststevie
    beststevie ACE Posts: 506 Pioneer
    edited November 2017
    Hi, my 791 has its second  birthday in Dezember. The error is therefore about 2 years old.

As you can read in the error message it has problems with handling the IRQs. I never had an error like this since I realized, that it belongs to the Intel I/O diriver which is already updated in the current Win10 edition. Trying to get to old BSOD by for e.g. updating Virtualbox or doing other equal things with virtual IRQs I cannot reproduce the BSODs.

I agree that it was in the past always the Killer Driver which lost the fight against the bad Intel Drivers.

I use KillerDrivers_.4.1492_x64 without problems.