• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you post the exact model name?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nayef_Mazraani
    Nayef_Mazraani Member Posts: 7 New User

on the laptop it states aspire vx 15

but in the acer care center it states vx5 -591G

im not the one who bought it. the usb 3 port disconnects usb 3 devices( my hard drive) but works normally with keyboards and such, problem started happening today. it is windows update?

Thanks so much for the reply, my dad got me the laptop and i dont want him to think i ruined it already, so im really furstrated by this issue

• Otoshigami
    Otoshigami Member Posts: 6 New User
    I have an Aspire VN7-792G. After recent windows 10 update I have problem with everything I connect to my left USB port (this DID NOT happen before update). Problem happens randomly only when I'm typing on keyboard. USB device connected to left USB port is getting disconnected/reconnected. I have USB devices selective disabling set to disabled in power plan options, also I've set USB ports to not disableable when power saving.
  • IronFly

windows logo key + x

click on device manager

click on Universal serial bus controller

Double click the Intel extensible USB 3.0 and check the driver date (27/04/2017)

can you please report the BIOS version too?

windows logo key + r

type msinfo32

report BIOS DATE/Version string

• Nayef_Mazraani

THE USB 3

7/15/2016 VERSION 10.0.14393.0

image.png

• Nayef_Mazraani

my problem is different. keyboards and mouses work on the usb 3 ports but the usb 3 external hard disk wont, hell work for 15 seconds then diconnect and reconnects endlessly

• Nayef_Mazraani

uninstalled the usb3.0 host controller and restarted , now it works but it disconnects after like a minute or two.

better than the first problem of it disconnecting and reconnecting in a quick loop ruining my motherboard. now need to google search my new symptoms and will report

• Nayef_Mazraani

toyed around with the power options, im surprised that my hard drive works for more than 15 seconds, ( like 4-so on minutes) and when i try to eject it , it disconnects then reconnects then disconnects this is a new problem im facing, better than first

• Nayef_Mazraani

thank you for your time, i wish you a better carreer, somehow i plugged my external hard disk into a usb 1 port, it installed some driver, and i finally ejected it sucessfully. without the annoying connected disconnected thing, i dont know if the problem is solved. i plugged it back into the usb 3 port and it works i think.

• IronFly

keep it monitored.