Swift 3 Touchpad problems

francoluigi92
francoluigi92 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought the Swift 3 in January 2016 for my girlfriend and whenever I used it I thought her mousepad was a bit strange however I thought I was just not used to her new computer. 

Today when working together with her on her Swift 3 the touchpad just started not responding or confusing the commands. If I do a one finger click it understand as two finger click, it randomly selects text when just moving the cursor, etc... 

Another thing I noticed is that it is not possible to "gentle touch" click (like I do in my Macbook Air). In order to click we have to really press down the touchpad like a button. Is there a way of enabling "gentle touch" clicking? 

I already changed some of the settings under mousepad in Windows to try to solve it but it didnt really help.

How should we proceed? 

Answers

• Max0l0
    Max0l0 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Im not sure how long you have been using the touch-pad... but I believe there might be some stuff such as hairs or other things ((Food, popcorn, small tiny parts in the house)) in the seams beside the touchpad. you might wanna check those places and clean them out ((Take them out, but try not to damage the touchpad becuase it is sensitive)). If not, then I have no idea. I have been using swift 3 for 2 month and so far im happy with it.

If you chose to clean the touch pad, be carefull not to damage it, turn of the touchpad by clicking windows + F7. Acer does not take responsibility if you damage the touch pad while cleaning it, so be careful my friend.

The safe way is to just contact acer, or go to bestbuy and ask them to fix it, I would rather to let others do it ((Since it is not safe to do it on your own)).

• lesliegb6720
    lesliegb6720 Member Posts: 1 New User

I wish I could give you a solution.  I just purchased the Swift 3 and am having the same problems.  I contacted Acer and tried reinstalling touchpad drivers, adjusting mouse settings, uninstalling HID-compliant settings through Device Manager and on and on.  The touchpad still isn't working right, doing all the things you mentioned in your post.  And you're right, you have to literally pound the pad to register the click.  

Since I just purchased the computer, I'm probably going to return it.  I can't deal with all the frustrations of this.