How do I re-install Windows 10 Home on my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG?

Options
SonicTheWebHog
SonicTheWebHog Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi all...

I want to reinstall windows 10 on my Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG.  I've never reinstalled windows before as I'm a previous Mac person but would like to know how do I go about wiping/reformatting the 256GB SSD and reinstalling a fresh copy of Win 10?  Can I download it from somewhere like microsoft or acer?  What about the product activation?  Do I need a key of some sort?

I've gotten quite a bit of use out of the laptop and would like to keep using it but I've installed so much stuff it's taking up most of my boot 256GB SSD drive.  

Any Help is appreciated!

Best Answer

• meoantolin
    meoantolin Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, if you're still using the original OS on your laptop, then I don't think you need the key. I assume you haven't installed a new OS or anything, so you should be fine. Everything will be sorted out automatically, you just have to go through the initial setup process (insert user name, email, language, etc.)

Good luck!

Answers

• meoantolin
    Options

Hello, 

I believe there's a recovery option in the Acer Recovery Management tool. 

Alternatively, you can go to Start > Settings> Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC (Get Started)

I think both options should let you keep your current files or wipe the drive clean. I advise going against the latter because it broke my previous Acer E15-575G. Plus, you'll lose all the preinstalled utility apps like Recovery Management, Etc. 

• SonicTheWebHog
    Options

Excellent...  Sounds easy enough (Knock on wood!).  Smiley Happy  

Do I need to write down the Windows Key in System Info screen or is it installed in the Bios somewhere?

• meoantolin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, if you're still using the original OS on your laptop, then I don't think you need the key. I assume you haven't installed a new OS or anything, so you should be fine. Everything will be sorted out automatically, you just have to go through the initial setup process (insert user name, email, language, etc.)

Good luck!

• SonicTheWebHog
    Options

All Sounds Very Good!  Thanks!