Looking for Acer Theft Shield

kidziti
kidziti Member Posts: 26 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I received my TravelMate P645-MG back from having a hinge repair by the Acer Techs in Texas, and the system was wiped down to it's Windows 7 Pro 64 bit default state.  I did not expect that since the issue was only a hinge, but it was no problem (and all my data sits on a NAS or in a cloud).  So I rebuilt, configured and reinstalled my programs and my OS infrastructure.  But suddenly missing is the Acer Theft Shield app.  I have looked everywhere - even in the program directories thinking the exe icon was missing.  I also looked at the available programs in eRecovery but nothing is there, either.

I suppose it's probably not a huge loss - I could never get it to work with my Galaxy S5 anyways.  But now that I have upgraded my phone to an LG V20, I was looking forward to giving it another try.  If it worked as advertised, it would take some of the anxiety out of my occassional bathroom breaks!  So while the Android version of Theft Shield is installed on the LG is ready to go, I have yet top find the Theft Shiled app for Windows 7.  I can't even find a place on the Acer website to download it.

Any ideas on where to get/download Theft Shield for this Ultrabook?