WHEA Uncorrectable Error W10 - Predator 15 G9-591

Options
Ario
Ario Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Just sent my Predator 15 G9-591 back for a 2nd time (1st time: speakers stopped working because of faulty sense-pin on the headphone-out port).

Am now gettig constant WHEA Uncorrectable Errors in W10 with all the lastest updates and a clean install.

Could point to overheating ...

After 15 years of buying Acers, this has been my last for at least the next several years ;-(

Hate to leave the product-line, but this Eur 1.400 laptop is just giving me wayyyyyyy too many hardware issues.

Can not recommend this laptop, much as I'd like.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options

Today I sent my laptop back for a repair to Acer again for 3rd time. It has been a month now without the laptop and it is getting pretty annoying.

I had an issue with overheating (obviously the thermal paste) and Acer has discovered that the mother board needs to be replaced. After getting it back to me sever things weren't working as intended:

-Backlighting of the keyboard not working

-Wrong model number shown by windows - g9-791 when it should be gx-791

-PredatorSense messed up even downloading the correct version from Acer's website(might be coming from the first reason above)

-The laptop overheats even more - 96C on normal mode when used to be 90C before I send it (my guess very very poor applying of the thermal paste + not a decent one)

-They have put a void sticker on the back cover where the ram and storage drives are.

After sending it for 2nd time they fixed the backlighting of the keyboard.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ario
    Options

Hmmmm sorry to hear that.

Plus, thanks for sharing with this community!

I truly have always loved the brand, but something seems to be going wrong lately.

Will keep the forum updated about how my Predator behaves, once I get it back.

Best greetings,

Arie 

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Options

We apologize for the inconvenience you are having with your Predator Laptop. Unfortunately some issue cannot be resolved via social media troubleshooting. We understand that having to send the unit in for repair is not what our users are looking for, but once the unit present issues that cannot be resolved throughout troubleshooting, we can only hope that the product goes back to our users working in perfect condition after the repair. 

I hope the units goes back soon to you guys and you have no issues.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Ario
    Options

Thanks for your reaction;

the laptop was swiftly repaired (new MoBo, the second time in 1 month) and the first impressions are positive.

I will have to use it for some more weeks, to again be able to trust it, but the first signs are hopeful.

Cheers,

Arie 

• Ario
    Options

Reboots (Uncorrectable error), probably due to oevrheating, have stayed away.
    BUT the older malfunction is back:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Predator-Laptops/G9-591-no-audio-from-speakers-Win-10-0-14393/m-p/490992#M3283

The sense pin is probably broken AGAIN, so no audio from the speakers, and this time not even from the headphone-out.

So no audio at all !

This is going back and will never enter my business again.

[inappropriate content removed]

• Ario
    Options

After 3 mainboards, I am not having a 4th one put in, since the sense pin misproduction will come back on every 'new' mainboard.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hello. Ask them to give you a replacement. If they can't ask them to give you the money back(it is in warranty right?).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ario
    Options

Thanks,

yes, I asked indeed for one of the two:

a new equivalent system (no more Predator laptops for me!!), or the full sum back.

It has warranty and is less than 1 year old.

Cheers,

Ario