Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Iconia One 8 Inch 16GB Wi-Fi Tablet, How to change default launcher

PGatesPGates Posts: 1Member

Hi

I have just purchased an Acer Iconia One 8 Inch 16GB Wi-Fi Tablet for my son and unfortunately it does not come with user profiles to restrict control. It does however come with a KIDO'Z applcation which provides parental control.

Upon conducting tests I have found the application to be fairly flaky in 'safe mode' and have been advised by KIDO'Z support to change the setting to extra safe mode. This mode can only be enabled if the applcation is set as the default launcher. The rather unamusing problem with this is that there appears to be no way to change the default launcher with this particular streamlined verison of android (5.1).

Does anyone know how to change the default launcher so that I can actually use the security control to best effect?

Regards

P Gates

FAQ & Answers