Battery plugged in, charging - Acer AO532h

Aaspire532
Aaspire532 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire One 532H, 32 bit, that I purchased used. The seller upgraded the hard drive to a 250 GB SDD. He has original battery and charger. He used the netbook after the upgrade, then reset the OS when he sold it to me. It arrived fully charged and I used without charging on the first day. My daughter played ABC mouse until the battery died, shut down. I charged it, or so I thought and used it for a bit the next while still plugged in, the shut it down putting it up for the week. When I went to use it on the weekend to continue setting it up, the battery was dead (11%) and now it reads "plugged in, not charging". The netbook shuts down every time it gets unplugged. The seller is working with me to get it to work. I completed all the updates today and tried a few suggestion found on here and other spots on the web. I have deleted the battery, attempted a battery recalibration, and plan on ordering a replacement cord. I have not done a bios flash yet, can not seem to find the right one to download.

Any other suggestions? 

Answers

• Pssst3
    Pssst3 Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon

Get the original battery and charger from the seller.

• Aaspire532
    Aaspire532 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for your reply. That was a grammar error in the main post. It was supposed to read the computer has the original charger and battery. 

Since I posted, I have gotten a new charger and it still does not charge. Any suggestions?