Acer Aspire M5....Inaccesible Boot Device.

Options
Reena1985
Reena1985 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
When I turn on my laptop it goes to a screen that says Acer explore beyond limits; Preparing Automatic Repair. Then laods Windows Defender Offline; PC is protected; virus & spywear definitions:up to date;Definitions created on;5/3/17;virus & spyware version:1.341.1099.0. Then goes to a light blue screen that says, ur PC ran into a problem & needs to restart. We'll restart for u.; If u call a person: give them this info: Insccesible Boot Device. Can anyone tell me how this happened and/or how to fix it without losing my pictures and stuff.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

incessible boot device, means that can't boot from your HDD/SSD.

press F2 at boot to enter BIOS and check if your HDD/SSD is listed on main page or under SATA devices.

also check what's your first bootable device (windows boot manager or HDD/SSD brand)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Reena1985
    Reena1985 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    In the BIOS on the main page the list of options I can select they ate listed as follows: system time; system date; network boot-(disabled); f12 boot menu-(disabled);d2d recovery-(enabled); wake on Lan-(disabled); SATA mode-(AHCI mode)....on the boot page the list is as follows: Boot mode-(UEF I); Secure boot-(enabled)....the boot priority order is listed as follows: 1-windows boot manager, 2-HDDO: WDC wd5000Lpvx-60v0tt0, 3-HDD1, 4-usb FDD, 5-network boot-ipv4, 6-usb HDD, 7-usb CDROM, 8-network boot-ipv6.......so what needs changed and what do they need to be? Please help me...I work 100% online so the longer my only laptop is not working the more money I lose.
  • Nicksampras
    Nicksampras Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    When I start my laptop, the screen shows preparing automatic repair and then it shuts down.. I am unable to start it