[Problem] Switch Alpha 12 (SA5-271)- Acer TrueHarmony missing after Windows Update + Speaker Repair

iSean97
iSean97 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

After I sent my Acer Switch Alpha 12 i5/8GB RAM/256GB (1st Replacement Unit) to repair on 26 April 2017 at Highpoint Malaysia Low Yat Plaza, because the left speaker broke and went dead, hence it can't produce audio anymore in less than 7 months of use, after my original purchased unit has a broken digitizer, where some regions of the screen can't be used to write was replaced with this unit. 

Hence, I picked up on 1 May 2017 the fixed unit, but I tested on the spot, the unit doesn't have Auto Rotate, and also the "Acer TrueHarmony" went missing in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. 

I have to drop it there for another day to get another fresh install of Windows 10 Home. 

But once I picked it back on 2 May 2017, apparently it was a software issue, and my "Acer TrueHarmony" and "Rotation" toggle went back. Then Windows Update ran in the background, and restarted, the "Acer TrueHarmony" disappear again. 

I'm suspecting that Acer's contracted Highpoint Malaysia Service Center, repaired my unit using 'third party speakers' instead of Acer's Original ones, that's why my Switch Alpha 12's Realtek HD Audio Manager settings doesn't have "Acer TrueHarmony" no more after the Windows Update. As it might not be comptatible with the software. 

Hence, I wish the forum members and Acer Technicians overseas, could help me address this issue.

Acer TrueHarmony before repairAcer TrueHarmony before repairAfter repair "Rotation Lock" MissingAfter repair "Rotation Lock" MissingAfter repair, "Rottation Lock" button went backAfter repair, "Rottation Lock" button went backAfter Windows Update , Acer TrueHarmony went missing.After Windows Update , Acer TrueHarmony went missing.