Aspire E1-510 with windows 10 gets message 'quickaccess not responding'

Darrell1
Darrell1 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Everytime the computer is restarted the message 'quickaccess is not responding' appears on the right side of the screen after most everything else has loaded.  The only option is to right click on it and close the program. What is causing this to happen?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

which version is installed of Quick Access on your system?

windows logo key + x

click on Programs features

check on the right side of the list the version

you can also try to re-install/update it:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Quick%20Access/Quick%20Access_Acer_2.00.3008_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=635900755202427932&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20E3-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Darrell1

Thanks for the response...it is version 1.00.3000

• Darrell1

I downloaded the linked file you attached...but it is a zip file and I didn't know what was in it so I didn't instal it...what does it contain?

• IronFly

it contains a newer version of Quick access, just unzip it and run the exe file inside

• Darrell1

I tried to run the install program but it said I had to uninstall the old version first.  I tried to do that and the system basically said it couldn't stop certain processes and aborted the uninstall.  So it appears that I can neither uninstall or install at this point.  The good news is that I am no longer getting the original message that was so annoying to me.  It may not be working but at least it is not annoying me.

• IronFly

probably something corrupted the old installation and froze the quick access services.

have you tried to install the new one after a reboot?

• Darrell1

Yes I have.  It won't install as long as it see's a previous version.  I can't uninstall the old one because it is corrupted somehow and can't install the new one as long as it detects the old version.  Classic catch 22 I am afraid.  I am going to leave it alnoe for now as I am not getting the annoying error message anymore unless there is some quick fix someone can suggest to me.