Switch 10 fails to turn on

sclement
sclement Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello,

I have a Switch 10 tablet which won't turn on. This the model with no reset pin point on the side. The photo shows the inside of the tablet.

WP_20170501_16_55_15_Pro.jpg

I was using it when it turned black. I tried to restart it using several ways like pushing on start button for a long time, with volume down, with volume up, with the battery and without, plugged to keyboard or not plugged to keyboard, and nothing works.

Here what I can see :

• when I plugin the charger with the battery, led indicator gets blue for about 1/2 second and then gets orange and the metal part (which I think could be the processor on the motherboard) gets hot
  • if I do the same with a disconnected battery, the led indicator blinks red and pink I think about 5 times in 1/4 second and then turns blue, the metal part gets hot

Do you have any idea of what could be the issue with it?

I though about RAM (where is it?), the audio cable (which seems to be used also for power?), motherboard?

The best result would be the make it work again! But if it can't be done, do you know how I can recover the data from the drive on the tablet? I think it is a SSD drive in the tablet, but I have no idea where it is and if it is possible to access it...

Sebastien.