Aspire E5-571P will no longer detect my external monitor after Windows 10 update

ranjack0010
ranjack0010 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

My Aspire E5-571P will no longer detect my (or others)  external monitor after a recent Windows 10 update. All was good before the update. My monitor is confirmed in good working order. I suspect an outdated driver (current is Intel HD Graphics 5500). My E5 and the Acer web site both say I'm using the most current driver but Intel shows a much newer version than what is on my computer. However, when I try to download the newer version my computer won't let me. Error message appears telling me that the newer version "is not validated for this computer". Any help with the download issue would be greatly appreciated (or any other suggestion as to why my second monitor is not detected)!. Thanks all!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

first try to update the driver from device manager.

windows logo key + x

click on device manager

click on display adapters

double click on Intel graphic adapter

click on driver tab and then click on update driver - automatic search

if it's not working, to install the downloaded driver from Intel, you need first to uninstall the previous driver.

right click on Intel graphic driver, choose to uninstall and tick to uninstall software too if prompted.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ranjack0010

I've tried all that. When I try to update the Intel driver via Device Manager on my laptop I get a message saying that the driver I have is the most current available. However, Intel web site shows a much newer version but when I try to download it to my machine I get a message that my computer "is not properly configured for the driver". Suggestions? I'm at my wits end!

• ranjack0010

Correction:   Sorry the message I get says "driver is not validated for my computer" rather than computer not configured for driver.