Upgrading GPU of Predator G3-605

Options
MrFluffy
MrFluffy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

this is my first time posting here so if this is the wrong place for this or I made some other mistakes I'm sorry...:

3 years ago I bought the Predator G3-605 with i7 4770, 8gb ram and a gtx 760 (1.5gb OEM). The motherboard is just called Acer Predator G3-605 and has an Intel B85 chip. Now since the GPU is getting too weak to play the newest games I'm considering putting a gtx 1060 in it instead of the 760. I read into it quiet alot and according to the internet there could a problem with the OEM motherboard that this pc apperently has and the new GPU. The power supply should be sufficient as it's the 500W model according to the sticker on it. Also I've never upgraded a GPU before so sorry if this is a stupid question Smiley Wink. Now the question is has anyone of you already done an upgrade like this to the PC and knows if a 1060 fits in it or can tell me if it fits by just reading my specs and if yes which 1060 would be the best choice as there are many different manufacturers.

Any advice is welcome.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

Mr.Fluffy,

The GTX 1060 sounds like a good choice and your existing power supply should be fine.

The GTX 1060 comes in different sizes.  Most websites list the dimensions of their cards in the specs.   Basically, you just have to measure to see which card will fit.

I don't have a G3-605.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FireDrakeZ
    FireDrakeZ Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I also have the same model and plan to upgrade to the 1060 or 1070. You need to find a model that will fit our medium sized case though like for example the Zotac Mini 1070 which I am planning  to buy.

852456 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello, finaly did you change the GPU ??
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There have been several people here that have upgraded GPUs on that model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.