Travelmate P246M BIOS Settings

Options
Zork182
Zork182 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,  I just received a brand new 'older model' Acer Travelmate P246-M (vendor donated prize) with Windows 7 64 -bit installed.  When I first tried to boot it up it stopped at the 'secure boot' lock.  I guessed correctly that the BIOS settings needed to be corrected to disable secure boot and set to 'legacy' in place of UEFI.  This fixed my issue and let me boot the laptop and set it up.  Great.  But... when I disconnect the AC power and remove the main battery the LM1220 CMOS battery does not retain the BIOS settings as it goes back to UEFI, secured boot enabled and the date and time are lost.  I figured 'easy fix' just replace the CMOS battery which I did but it did not help the situation.  The settings are still lost if power is removed.  I have also noticed that the USB 3 port is not functioning but believe this is more of an issue with running Windows 7.  Any suggestions on what to try next to correct my BIOS settings issue? I can always set my settings back up and continue but this is very annoying.  I also tried updating to the latest BIOS available but this did not help either.