Fresh windows 10 install

Inept1
Inept1 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I was forced to do a fresh install of windows after the creators update broke something the last time. I downloaded Predator sense but now there is not spot of my gpu tempture. I did install the gpu driver and restarted the laptop but there is still not spot for the gpu tempture. How can i fix this? There is also no overclocking optons, no system fan rpm's and no gpu frequency. PredatorSensePredatorSense

EDIT:   Ok i solved my own problem, but another question, where do i find the Dolby audio driver? Acer support page for my laptop only has a realtek audio driver.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Dolby is part of Realtek audio drivers

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder

Hello, what is your predator's model? How did you fix the problem of PredatorSense?

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Cstrife2
    Cstrife2 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Can you confirm what you did to solve this issue?

• Inept1

Tinkerer

I think I downloaded a version of predatorsense that was for a different type of laptop. One that did not have a GPU maybe? I just downloaded the one for my specific model off the drivers page
  • Inept1

Tinkerer

I actually downloaded the realtek driver and tried to install Dolby audio driver, nothing in the folder will install, it says I need to install the Dolby driver and api.
  • Unforgiven91
    Unforgiven91 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

How did you install fresh win 10. I bought a new ssd and struggling to do a fresh install.
  • Inept1

Tinkerer

What I did was I downloaded the windows 10 iso with the media creation tool from Microsoft to a flash drive, once I booted up installer from the usb, I formatted and all of my drives, erasing everything. Then I let the installer do it's thing, once the system booted, I just followed the set up procedure like I did when I first got the computer. Don't think I did anything out of the ordinary. You don't have to worry about re-buying a new product key, it saves your last one, even the upgrade to the Pro version I previously bought is available to download without purchase.