JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
Hi there. I have an Acer Predator G3-605, Serial: DTSQ YEZ0 3544 1004 D118 00:
Intel Core i7 4790
NVIDIA GeForce GTX745 4GB
Blue ray, 10/100/1000, Card Reader, Windows 8.1 64 bit
I want to connect it to a Samsung 65” 7080 SUHD 65” 4K TV (UE65KS7080UXZG), but when I restart the computer, it fails and gives me a black screen (not even bios).
- Computer works: I used the same Acer G3-605 connected to a Samsung 46" TV for years.
- Screen works: The new screen connects instantly and function perfectly with a Toshiba laptop
- Connections are right: If I first start the computer with the smaller screen, then reconnect the new UE65KS7080UXZG screen *without restarting the computer*, the large display works. So the connections are correct, and the hardware is compatible.
- But if I restart the computer when it is connected to the new large screen, I get a black screen.
To try to solve the issue, I bought a new GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card, because the newer Acer Predators also have the same card. But when I try to install it, I find only 6 pin power cables inside. When I restart, I get a message: “PLASE POWER DOWN AND CONNCT THE PCIe POWE CABLE(S) FOR ALL GRAPHICS CARDS”
I called Acer support, and they were not helpful: “it should be compatible, but it has not been tested yet”; “You need to take it to a local technician”.
So my questions:
1) Why doesn’t the Acer just work with the new screen? The G3-605 is not that old.
2) Why doesn’t the new card work at all? My pupose is video editing with Premiere Pro, and the computer is plenty fast. so I woudl like to use the newer graphics card without just buying a whole new system.
Thanks a lot!