[Aspire E 15][E5-532G-P4YU] The CPU frequency go into lowest frequency after plug AC adapter

QTimothy
QTimothy Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Acer,

I found one issue about CPU frequency go into lowest frequency after plug AC adapter.

[NB platform]

Acer Aspire  E 15  E5-532G-P4YU

[OS]

Win10 RS1 build 14393

[BIOS]

v1.23 2016/11/04

[Reproduce step]

1.The system don't plug in AC adapter. Boot to Win10 RS1 build 14393 OS. Go to Power option. make sure that setting is keep in "High Performance". 

2.Open that Task manager and find that CPU frequency is keep in high frequency. (2.48 ~ 2.55 GHz)

3.Plug in the AC adapter to Acer E5-532G-P4YU NB.

4.I find that CPU frequency go into lowest frequenc. (ex: 0.46GHz) <----problem

5.remove AC adapter from Acer E5-532G-P4YU NB. 

6.The CPu frequency is keep in high frequency. (2.48 ~ 2.55 GHz)

Best Regards,

Tim

Answers

• QTimothy

I rember this issue is fixed in v1.22 BIOS. Why the issue is present in v1.23 BIOS? Would you please quick to fix the issue?

Best Regards,

Tim

• QTimothy

Hi Acer,

I think this is an issue. Would you please fixed this issue from EC firmware or BIOS vendor? <---Insyde BIOS.....

I can reproduce the issue after Power option is "High Performance" and then unplug/plug AC Adapter. but I can't reproceduce this issue when Power option is "Balance Performance" or "Saving Performance".

Reprocedure step:

1.Under Win10 OS, Go to Power option and then select "High Performance". Unplug AC and then observe that CPU frequency is changed to high frequency. then plug the AC adapter to NB patform. observe that CPU frequency is changed to lowest frequency.

3.The CPU frequency alwasy keep to high frequency after changed Power option to "Balance Performance" or "Saving Performance" and then run APP for full loading.

Best Regards,

Tim

• QTimothy

Hi Acer.

Please fixed this issue..........................................

I'm very angry about this failed. .....................................

Now, The CPU frequency always keep to 0.46GHz after plug AC to E5-532G-P4YU platform. The system Performance is so  low low ....................

[edited to comply with guidelines]