Aspire R11 R3-131T attempts bootup then turns off

cvbnm
cvbnm Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi. My R11 is a year old, running Win 10. One day when I first turned it on, I had message "Preparing automatic repair", I had the swirling dots then pc turns off. I tried the Acer recovery usb and had the same result. I created a Win10 boot usb and again have the same result - Acer startup screen, swirling dots and off.

I tried booting from a  linux live usb and pc works fine. I don't desire to install linux on pc. Are there any other repairs to attempt before I return to Acer service? Thanks for any ideas.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

press F2 at boot to enter BIOS, check if your BIOS is set to UEFI and enable F12 boot menu too.

at boot with your USB flash drive plugged, press F12, then choose the bootable USB flash drive (windows 10 installation media), if it's not listed, your R3 is trying to boot from the SSD not the USB.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

press F2 at boot to enter BIOS, check if your BIOS is set to UEFI and enable F12 boot menu too.

at boot with your USB flash drive plugged, press F12, then choose the bootable USB flash drive (windows 10 installation media), if it's not listed, your R3 is trying to boot from the SSD not the USB.

• cvbnm
    cvbnm Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you Ironfly. I changed BIOS from Legacy to UEFI and inserted Win10 usb. The trouble-shooting screen appeared and diagnostics completed. The pc boots from SSD and works fine.

• IronFly

Good to hear it!