Acer Aspire E5-575-52JF m.2 nvme support

Answers

• Spigen237
    Spigen237 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hello there. My laptop is Aspire E15 E5-576G-3323. I want to upgrade M.2 ssd to my laptop. But I don't know if NVMe m.2 is suitable. I want to know how efficient it will be if I plug in NVMe. I leave ss from an application for this. I hope it works.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Spigen237 said:
    Hello there. My laptop is Aspire E15 E5-576G-3323. I want to upgrade M.2 ssd to my laptop. But I don't know if NVMe m.2 is suitable. I want to know how efficient it will be if I plug in NVMe. I leave ss from an application for this. I hope it works.
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a NVMe SSD but there won't be any noticeable difference between M.2 NVMe SSD and SATA SSD except in transferring large files.
  • Spigen237

Tinkerer

Spigen237 said:
    Hi,
    Yes, you can install a NVMe SSD but there won't be any noticeable difference between M.2 NVMe SSD and SATA SSD except in transferring large files.
    Hello again. When I looked at the m.2 slot, I saw that it had NVMe input. But you said I would add the m.2 sata. The m.2 NVMe and m.2 sata tips I know are different. Is it possible to wear both types? And if you also noticed in the picture, there is no screw to adjust the m.2 size and connect it. Where can I find it?

• brummyfan2
    Spigen237 said:
    Spigen237 said:
    Hi,
    Hello again. When I looked at the m.2 slot, I saw that it had NVMe input. But you said I would add the m.2 sata. The m.2 NVMe and m.2 sata tips I know are different. Is it possible to wear both types? And if you also noticed in the picture, there is no screw to adjust the m.2 size and connect it. Where can I find it?

Hi,
    The slot is compatible with both NVMe and SATA SSDs, you can buy the screw in a hardware store or a laptop repair shop or use a non-conductive electrical tape to keep the SSD flat.
    The size of the screw: M2.0x3.0

• Spigen237

Tinkerer

Now I don't know how to ask this question here, but I asked it anyway. I hope I find the answer. My computer is Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-3323. My computer now has the ram in the picture (4GB DDR3L 1RX8 PC3L-12800s-11 1.35V). I want to upgrade to 4GB more ram. What should I look for when buying ram? And what should be the properties of the ram I will buy.
  • brummyfan2
    Spigen237 said:
    Now I don't know how to ask this question here, but I asked it anyway. I hope I find the answer. My computer is Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-3323. My computer now has the ram in the picture (4GB DDR3L 1RX8 PC3L-12800s-11 1.35V). I want to upgrade to 4GB more ram. What should I look for when buying ram? And what should be the properties of the ram I will buy.
    Hi,
    Could you please start a new thread, thanks.
  • Tam118
    Tam118 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello! I wanted to upgrade my laptop with an m.2 NVME. But I don't know if the slot is compatible with nvme or just the m.2 sata.
    My laptop model is TMP259-G2-MG with S/N: NXVEVSP01480209E1F7600. i also followed your instruction on hwinfo64 and attached 2 pics for 2 ports.

• brummyfan2
    Tam118 said:
    Hello! I wanted to upgrade my laptop with an m.2 NVME. But I don't know if the slot is compatible with nvme or just the m.2 sata.
    My laptop model is TMP259-G2-MG with S/N: NXVEVSP01480209E1F7600. i also followed your instruction on hwinfo64 and attached 2 pics for 2 ports.

You might be able to use a M.2 NVMe SSD, M.2 SATA SSDs are recommended for this model but I have seen another member successfully installed a M.2 NVMe SSD and seen an advert for this model with NVMe SSD.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/569294/acer-travelmate-p259-g2-mg-m-2-compatibility
    https://www.ekupi.rs/rs/Ra%C4%8Dunari/Laptopovi-i-oprema/Laptopovi/Acer-TravelMate-TMP259-G2-MG-78Z2%28NX-VESEX-018%29-15%2C6-FullHD-Intel-Core-i7-7500U-2%2C7GHz%2C8GB-RAM%2C-1TB%2B128GB-SSD-NVMe-PCIe%2CnVidia-GeForce-940MX-2GB%2CWindows-10Pro%2Claptop/p/EK000225566
  • Tam118
    Tam118 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tam118 said:

You might be able to use a M.2 NVMe SSD, M.2 SATA SSDs are recommended for this model but I have seen another member successfully installed a M.2 NVMe SSD and seen an advert for this model with NVMe SSD.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/569294/acer-travelmate-p259-g2-mg-m-2-compatibility
    https://www.ekupi.rs/rs/Ra%C4%8Dunari/Laptopovi-i-oprema/Laptopovi/Acer-TravelMate-TMP259-G2-MG-78Z2%28NX-VESEX-018%29-15%2C6-FullHD-Intel-Core-i7-7500U-2%2C7GHz%2C8GB-RAM%2C-1TB%2B128GB-SSD-NVMe-PCIe%2CnVidia-GeForce-940MX-2GB%2CWindows-10Pro%2Claptop/p/EK000225566
    Thank you sir.. i saw one of the comment in your link that he uses a 512gb nvme. o well, i guess i have to try.. anyways thank you again for the reply. and i will update when it works.
  • brummyfan2
    Tam118 said:
    Tam118 said:

Thank you sir.. i saw one of the comment in your link that he uses a 512gb nvme. o well, i guess i have to try.. anyways thank you again for the reply. and i will update when it works.
    You are welcome and good luck with the upgrade  :)
  • ShoneR5
    ShoneR5 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello!
    I want to upgrade my Acer e5-575 35x7 laptop with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus and I have a 3.0 2x compatible slot. I would like to know if this would damage any internal components considering the higher capacity of the ssd which uses a link width of 4x?
    Or should I go with the Samsung 850 evo m.2?

• brummyfan2
    ShoneR5 said:
    Hello!
    I want to upgrade my Acer e5-575 35x7 laptop with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus and I have a 3.0 2x compatible slot. I would like to know if this would damage any internal components considering the higher capacity of the ssd which uses a link width of 4x?

No, it won't damage anything, it will run at half the speed advertised by Samsung.
  • ShoneR5
    ShoneR5 said:
    Hello!

No, it won't damage anything, it will run at half the speed advertised by Samsung.
    Thank you brummyfan2. I have one more question, will it be compatible with Acer bios version 1.47?
  • ShoneR5
    Hello!
    Sorry for the many questions, but I just want to be sure about the compatibility of my Acer e5-575-35x7.

Does this socket support both the Samsung 970 Evo plus and Samsung 860 evo m.2?
  • Yes mye friend. Other users have already confirmed that their model accepts nvme.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShoneR5
    Yes mye friend. Other users have already confirmed that their model accepts nvme.
    Thanks a lot @egydiocoelho ! ☺
  • you are welcome.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ivonnox
    Ivonnox Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi I am using Acer Aspire E15  E5-575G-37LF I want to know whether I can install an NVME M.2 SSD on my laptop. Below I have given the screenshots of specifications for my system. 
    For Port 9

For Port 1

• Ivonnox

Tinkerer

Ivonnox said:
    Hi I am using Acer Aspire E15  E5-575G-37LF I want to know whether I can install an NVME M.2 SSD on my laptop. Below I have given the screenshots of specifications for my system. 
    For Port 9

For Port 1

@brumm@brummyfan2 bro can you help
  • Ivonnox

Tinkerer

Ivonnox said:
    For Port 9

For Port 1

@brummyfam2 bro can u help
This discussion has been closed.